Abstract submission start: 1st March 2023
Abstract submission end: 30th June 2023
Author notification of assigned contribution class: 20th July 2023
Guideline for the abstract submision
Please read carefully the submission procedures before submitting your abstract.
Abstracts must be submitted online via the official conference website only (abstracts submitted by email will not be accepted).
If you wish to submit an abstract, click on the relevant tickbox highlighting the type of proposed contribution (oral or poster presentation) and the target scientific session.
Abstracts must be submitted only in English.
Each registered participant can propose only one abstract as corresponding author.
The maximum number of authors per abstract is 10.
The Technical Secretariat will send you a notification of receipt of the abstract, indicating the reference number assigned to the abstract. If you do not receive any notification, please contact the Technical Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Content and Type of Abstracts
You may choose among two types of abstracts, the extended one (preferred) and the short one. Formatting issues are described in one example for each type available in the website (also usable as a template).
- Extended abstract (A4 paper size)
- Maximum number of words: 650 (main text, figure/table legend and references included).
- Basic structure:
- Concise description of the work (materials and methods)
- Main results
- One figure (format: jpg, size: 1 Mb) or one table
- Bibliography of max. 3 sources
- Title of the abstract:
- Should be written in capital letters.
- Should be clear and concise, without abbreviations.
The text body should be one single paragraph of max. 300 words, without figures or tables and with a bibliography of max. 2 sources.
Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
The Scientific Committee reserves the right to assign abstracts to one of the following three contribution classes: (a) oral presentation, (b) poster with flash presentation, (c) simple poster. The author will be notified the assigned contribution class by mid-July.
Submission of an abstract implies your acceptance of its publication in the official Congress publications. The proposing author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree on its submission.
Abstract submitters shall disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
Abstracts will be grouped into scientific sessions for evaluation and programming processes. When sending the abstract, the authors must indicate the target scientific session.
The scientific sessions are the following:
- Legume-based value chains: innovation and optimization
- Legume-based cropping systems: performance, ecosystem services and profitability
- Legumes for human and animal nutrition and health
- Biodiversity and genetic resources exploitation
- Genetics and -omics crop improvement
- Crop breeding: challenges, tools, strategies and achievements
- Physiology, biochemistry and systems biology
- Beneficial legume plant-microbe interactions
- Understanding and enhancing legume crop tolerance to abiotic stress
- Understanding and enhancing legume crop tolerance to biotic stress
Oral & Flash presentations
- Programme: PowerPoint PC computer system with projection.
- The presentation should be brought on a USB-stick, which must be delivered to the Technical Secretariat at least 2 hours before the talk. In case of presentations which will have their time slot early in the morning, the delivery must be made the day before. We actually encourage you to deliver the presentations as soon as you collect your registration card (name tag).
- Presentations with a laptop will not be accepted.
- The presentation time will be 15 minutes (12 minutes talk plus 3 minutes discussion) for ordinary presentations, and 4 minutes without discussion for flash presentations.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
- Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
Regarding a submitted abstract
- You may log on to the system later to make changes to your abstract, up to the submission deadline.
- After the deadline, changes will not be possible.
- Please, do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Abstract Submitters’ Declaration
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.).
- The Abstract Author warrants that no part of the information and content provided by him/her to the organizers, nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third-party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Author grants the organizers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- The Abstract Submitter herewith confirms that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on abstract correspondence.
- The Abstract Submitter understands that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- The Abstract Submitter understands that he/she must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honor this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which